How to become an IAS officer after 12th is one of the primary questions we have after schooling. To be a part of the Indian Administrative Service or hold the extra corridors of power can make your career huge.
How to prepare for IAS after 12th board exams details also we are going to see in this article. IAS/IPS is one of the demanding and completive exams we have in India But.
Students want to become an IAS officer after 12th class but the minimum qualification is graduation. No matter you have complete the commerce stream or arts stream.
Students have a number of doubts related to Civil Service. In all my thoughts one question is today I am covering which is how can I become IAS officer after 12th.
Is After 12th it is possible.
Before going into future details about how to become an IAS officer after 12th be clear that after 12th class you cannot directly appear for the CSE exam (primarily exam, mains exam, and interview) or UPSC exams. You have to complete the graduation degree.
But just right after completing 12th standard, you can start your IAS/IPS preparation to make sure to get yourself in Civil Services.
In other means, preparing as soon as start for IAS exams will give you the chance to get clear in the same.
- The age of the student must 21 years. Till 32 years of age for the general category candidate (Age varies as per caste).
- Graduation degree (Recognized University/College).
- Scheduled Cates & Scheduled Tribes’ age limit is 37 years.
- Indian Citizen.
- Or degree distance or correspondence.
- The study can also apply who have a degree from Open University.
- If you have passed the MBBS and looking for CSE you can appear for the same. But your internship at MBBS should not be completed then only.
- You are also eligible for CSE Exam if you have proof of passing ICSI, ICAI, or ICWAI.
- Bachelor’s degree of private university students is also eligible for CSE exam.
Benefits of doing IAS preparation after 12th class?
After knowing that a graduation degree is required for the IAS students. Many students think that why should be preparing now on words.
Students did mistakes to think that 3 years is more than enough to get prepare for the Civil Service.
But it’s not true, now question again come then what should you do after 12th to prepare for the IAS exam.
Let’s see some major points for how to study for UPSC.
- Find the reasons first why you want to become a IAS officer and check yourself and ability how much you can read about the civil service.
(Ask yourself how many books you can read about UPSC. And how many hours you can prepare for the UPSC exam. If the answer comes that you can do the reading and preparation till crack the exam the read on next).
- In my opinion, it’s best to take polity and history subjects in your graduation it’s going to help you a lot in your Civil service preparation too.
- Read a lot of multiple versions like newspaper, history, NCERT books, Previous question papers, etc.
- While pursuing graduation do side by side UPSC Syllabus preparation too.
- In your free time trying to do the online aptitude test or read about public admiration else economics.
- Develop skills to pull the issues from the trending news or public news. And try to prove your judgment on that.
- Fix your one day for previous years UPSC previous years papers and you can also watch an interview of topper how they are preparing their self in a very short time.
- Keep update yourself with daily local news and world news too.
- UPSC IAS Examination also needs good writing through full and well structured.
- Refer to your NCERT Books for basic UPSC exam questions.
Selection Process of an IAS officer.
Steps to become an IAS officer after 12th takes Civil Service Examination which conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). This exam has three phases of the exam.
|· Preliminary Exam.||
|· Mains Exam.||
How Many Attempts are Allowed for IAS Exam?
Let’s know about the attempts you can do for the IAS exam. In my opinion, always attempt the paper when you are sure about your preparation.
It will keep your motivation always at an up level. Check your knowledge through online text 5 to 10 times before apply for the IAS exams.
- Six Attempts till the age of 32 years for the General category.
- The OBC can take the nine attempts till the age of 35 years.
- And SC/ST can take unlimited attempts till the age of 37 years.