Mass Communication Courses After 12th.
Mass communication allows a candidate to drive certain information or vital information to all over the world at once.
Many students want to start their career in mass communication courses after 12th. But because of a lack of guidance not able to choose the correct career path.
Journalism and mass communication expansion happening in a very large way. Media houses, newspapers, the internet, books, radio, film, websites, blogs playing huge roles in the same.
Media and entertainment industry providing huge job opportunities in all countries these days.
It has unlimited work areas which explore students’ career options and future opportunities.
Such as Photography, Editing, Broadcasting, Journalism, Advertisements, Films, Digital media, Writing, etc.
For making a career in mass communication after 12th you can choose the Degree course or either Diploma course.
Later you can go for the specialization courses too. Two types of options you have in the media line first is Print Journalism and second is Electronic Journalism.
Print media cover the work area such as magazines and newspapers. However, another side electronic media can make your career under television or radio line.
Mass communication or the entertaining world has its benefits and advantages will you will be able to see after getting enter in this immense and emerging career scope.
So, if you are a creative, extrovert along with good communication skills then after 12th you can choose your career in mass communication.
Let’s get started with mass media courses after 12th.
As I have mentioned above good communication skills along with 12th pass mark sheet are basic requirements for the mass communication course.
Mass Communication Courses After 12th
- BA in Mass Communication (3 Years Course Duration).
- BA in Media Studies (3 Years Course Duration).
- Bachelor of Mass Media (3 Years Course Duration).
- BA in Media & Communication (3 Years Course Duration).
- Bachelor of Mass Media & Journalism (3 Years Course Duration).
- BA in Journalism and Mass Communication (3 Years Course Duration).
- Bachelor of Mass Media & Journalism (3 Years Course Duration).
- Bachelor of Communication & Journalism (3 Years Course Duration).
- Sc. in Journalism and Mass Communication (3 Years Course Duration).
- BBA in Mass Communication & Journalism (3 Years Course Duration).
- Sc. in Mass Communication, Journalism & Advertising (3 Years Course Duration).
Diploma in Mass Communication Courses.
For diploma after 12th mass communication course, you have choices to choose 3 months course, 6 month course and one year of course.
- Diploma in Media Studies.
- Diploma in Film Editing.
- Diploma in Mass Communication.
- Diploma in Documentary Filmmaking.
- Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Diploma in Development Journalism.
- Diploma in Visual Communication Design.
- Diploma in TV Serial & Film Marking.
- Diploma in Radio Production & Management.
- Diploma in Graphic Designing.
- Diploma in Advertising & Public Relations.
- Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication.
Certificate in Mass Communication.
- Certificate in Advertising and Public Relations.
- Certificate in Radio Jockey.
- Certificate Course in Anchoring.
BA in Journalism & Mass Communication.
Students who want to pursue their career in journalism and mass communication along with a newspaper can apply for the BA in Journalism and mass communication course.
This undergraduate course three years of study, in which you will learn the many aspects. Such as newspaper columns and mass media in detail.
If we talk about the career scope then after completing this course you can become a columnist, media personality, content writer, etc.
BA in Mass Communication.
It is 3 years of course which taught you the subjects that helps you in your career in reporting or journalism.
Such as mass media, newspaper, mass communication, and so on. You will also learn part how should you perform the television media and publication media.
Diploma in Mass Communication.
Candidates who are looking for short-term courses or might need to start working soon in mass communication. Can pursue the diploma in mass communication.
In diploma 6 months to1 year of courses are available. It gives you the lesson in mass communication field, the newspaper industry, and journalism field. You can become a good content writer or filmmaker.
Eligibility for Mass Communication Course after 12th.
The minimum requirement is 12th pass out with a recognized board.
Marks should be between 45% to 50% in 12th standard.
Some institutes take the admission of the final year of the student too.
Many colleges and institutes take an entrance exam for mass communication course admission. However, direct admission institutes are also available in many numbers.
Entrance exam for mass communication after 12th.
- XIC OET.
- IPU CET.
- MU OET.IIM Entrance Exam.
- ACJ Entrance Exam.
- MASCOM Entrance Exam.
Entrance exams for this course cover the generally objective types of question with syllabus:
- General Knowledge.
- Case Studies.
- Creative Writing.
- Social Issues.
- Current Affairs.
- Popular Media.
- Politics & Media Issues.
If you have a plan to go abroad for this course then an entrance exam for mass communication after12th would be.
- IELTS & TOEFL (English Proficiency Test).
Skill Sets for Mass Communication.
- Critical Analysis.
- Research Skills.
- Networking Skills.
- Presentation Skill
- Interviewing Skills.
- Interpersonal Skill.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skill.
- Communication Skill.
Types of Mass Communication.
- Audio Media.
- Public Relations.
- Social Media.
- Film & Television.
Higher Studies in Mass Communication after Undergraduate Course.
- Master of Journalism.
- MA in Journalism.
- MA in Journalism (Arts & Culture).
- MS in Journalism (Politics, Policy & Foreign Affairs).
- MS in Data Journalism.
- MS in Journalism (Documentary).
- MPhil or Ph.D. in Journalism.
- MPhil or Ph.D. in Media, Culture, and Journalism.
- D. in journalism & Communication Studies.
Mass Communication Colleges in India After 12th.
- Asian College of Journalism (Chennai).
- Kurukshetra University (Kurukshetra).
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University (Sirsa).
- Uttaranchal University (Dehradun).
- Amrita University.
- Mumbai University.
- Alagappa University.
- Auro University.
- Pearl Academy.
- Oriental University.
- Doon Business School (Dehradun).
- Quantum University (Dehradun).
- Christ University (Bangalore).
- Kerala university.
- Pondicherry University.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (New Delhi).
- Xavier Institute of Communications.
- Bennett University (Greater Noida).
- Lovely Professional University.
- Himgiri zee University.
- Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutes (Dehradun).
- Sadhna Academy for Media Studies (Noida).
- Sai Institute of Paramedical and Allied Science (Dehradun).
- Jagannath Institute of Management Science (Delhi).
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (Pune).
- International Institute of Management /Media & IT (Delhi).
- Lady Shiram College (New Delhi).
- Madras Christian College (Chennai).
Mass Communication Course Fee.
Course fee for mass communication be will vary as per institutes and colleges. Private college has their different course fee and government colleges have other fee structure.
There are many institutes are available in mass communication which takes 15000 kinds of the minimum course fee. However, colleges are also available that take 4L to 8L for the same course.
Check down below few examples of the mass communication course fee.
Madras Christian College.
YMCA New Delhi.
Note: Remember this is just an example of a minimum to an average course fee. In my opinion, always visit the official website of the institute to get the latest update regarding the course fee structure.
Job Opportunities in Mass Communication.
After knowing about the journalism and mass communication courses after 12th. Let move on to the career options in mass communication.
So let see after completing your mass degree or diploma in which area or job profile you are eligible for.
- Event Manager.
- Film Director.
- Video Jockey.
- Radio Jockey.
- Public Relation Officers.
- Art Director.
- TV Correspondent.
- News Editor.
- Senior Journalist.
- TV Anchor.
- News Editor.
- Copy Editor.
- Magazine Writer.
- Transmission Technician.
- Sound Engineer.
- Media Researcher.
- Printing Technician.
- Video Artist.